Creamy avocado and a velvety egg yolk topped with spicy salsa is easy and filling, perfect for a busy day ahead. It also makes a great snack for 2 if you need something to keep you going.
Prep time: 20 minutes
A ripe avocado is creamy and luscious, but it can be tricky to find one!
Ripe avocados will be slightly soft to the touch, but not mushy. If it is hard, it needs more time; if the skin is pitted or feels mushy, it’s too ripe. A ripe avocado will have a yellow spot when you remove the stem; if it’s dark brown, it’s overripe. You can still use an overripe avocado as long as it’s not moldy — just use it in desserts or something where you can’t see the brown color.
1 avocado, halved
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons salsa
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Lay the halves on a baking sheet. Spoon out enough to make a small well in the center. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, and carefully pour the egg into the well.
- Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until eggs whites are set, and yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the salsa over top before serving.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!