When the weather gets nice and produce starts popping up, you want to eat veggies with every meal. Since three salads a day probably won’t cut it, this easy frittata surely will.
It’s full of protein and fiber, and good fats from the coconut milk, so will keep you full all morning. It’s also a delicious addition to a Sunday brunch.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Ingredient swap: If you eat dairy, you can swap the coconut milk for half and half or heavy cream, and you can use just about any vegetable you want here, so feel free to experiment.
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup shelled sweet peas
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups baby arugula
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs with the coconut milk until well beaten.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the green onions, cook for a minute, and add the peas and asparagus. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the egg mixture, turn the heat down.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove, let cool slightly, and top with arugula.
- Slice and serve.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!