This easy chicken gets its amazing flavor from a combination of seasonings, and being seared to perfection in a heavy skillet.
If you have a cast iron skillet, now is the time to break it out — cooking in cast iron will help give it a nice caramelized flavor and blackened color.
Prep time: 20 minutes
For best results, let your chicken breasts come to room temperature before cooking.
Then heat the skillet, add the oil, and let the chicken sear until it lifts easily from the pan.
Don’t force it — if it sticks, let it be. This is the key to searing without food falling apart and sticking to your pan. Wait to move it...a flavorful crust will develop and it will "release" from the pan (when it's ready!).
Once it’s cooked to juicy perfection, serve this with your favorite side dishes. Some mashed cauliflower or sweet potatoes would be delicious, or slice and serve with zucchini noodles.
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well. Liberally season the chicken with this mixture.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, and when it shimmers, add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken until it easily releases from the pan. Flip and continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees — no need to flip more than once.
- Let the chicken rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving with your favorite veggies.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!