I'm always looking for ways to get more fish. But...how do you prepare it?
It's like I avoided fish for years because it would always turn out to be bland, a pain to make, or a total kitchen disaster.
Then I came across fish curry. Fast, easy, and you can use ANY type of white fish... even shrimp. It's also a little different out-of-the-ordinary and exciting.
Prep time: 40 minutes
This easy fish curry is perfect for a busy night when you want something nutritious and tasty that doesn’t come from a box.
It’s loaded with fresh veggies for fiber and nutrients, gets a hefty dose of antioxidants from curry powder, and heart healthy fats from the coconut milk.
You can use any type of white fish you like here, or even substitute shrimp if you’d like.
It can be eaten as a stew or served over cauliflower rice for a more traditional, but low carb version of your favorite takeout curry dish.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon curry powder
4 cups baby spinach
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 pounds white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the spinach, tomato sauce, and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, and fish. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!