Roasted strawberries with a balsamic topping?
Sounds different for sure, but OMG are these delicious.
This recipe quickly turns berries into a jammy, sweet, and slightly savory topping you can use on anything...
...spoon over yogurt, oatmeal, or roasted pork or ham...
(or you can just eat them with a spoon like I do!)
Makes about 2 cups
Prep time: 30 minutes
If you’re faced with an abundance of strawberries in the spring (or a bad batch any other time of year!) and want to do something different with them, this recipe is for you.
If you bought some strawberries at the grocery store and they lack flavor (don't you hate that?!) this is the perfect use for them.
Roasting strawberries concentrates the flavor, so even a little bit of berry flavor is amplified.
1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the berries on the parchment and drizzle with the honey.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until berries are lightly caramelized and softened.
- Remove and toss with the vinegar. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!