On a busy weeknight, getting dinner on the table can be a hassle, which is why we often resort to drive-thrus and pizza delivery. There’s no shame in it, but over time these kinds of meals can seriously wreck havoc on your health.
Craving something fast, easy and healthy, but still want to eat something that satisfies, right?
Well, you can, with recipes like this one. It’s super easy, requires one pan, and tastes like a high quality restaurant meal. It’s also everything you need for a meal — high quality protein, healthy fat, and high fiber veggies — meaning it will fill you up so you’re not scavenging through the pantry for a late night snack.
You can serve this salmon dish with whatever veggies you want, so change it up — asparagus, sweet potatoes, zucchini work well here. It’s also easy to double the recipe for a dinner party or big family.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 6 chives
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, etc.
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the almonds, parsley, and chives in a blender or food processor with a pinch of salt and pulse until combined and almonds are finely chopped. Add the lemon zest.
- Lay the salmon filets on one side of a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Toss the veggies with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon is done and veggies are tender.
FREE Recipes & Workouts!
Enter your name and email below to get all my latest recipes and workouts that help you get lean, strong, and fit...FAST!